Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Protecting Yourself & Your Heart

Susan B. Antony said it best "A woman must not depend on the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself". See my close friend Tami is going through hell right now she thinks she is pregnant again by the same dead beat who can barely take care of his self, yet two other children. I must admit with all the things going on with me I am the last person to give advice or help anyone, but she kept going on and on. She asked the same questions, "What if he leaves", "I think he wants this family, but he is scared, What do you think?". I was so tired of seeing her go through the same pain she goes through when she gets back with him. So I finally let her have it. Not only did I tell her that her boyfriend was an asshole but I asked her why she would not use protection. And do you want to know why she is in the situation she is in, because he didn't have a condom.  I wish she was my only friend to give me that ridiculous excuse, but she wasn't. I actually have about four friends out of high school that have told me the same thing. So why do women count on men to protect them. And trust me I am not only talking about with sex but with life. We count on them to be the breads winners, or we give up on our careers to stay at home for our family. And the thing we want from our husbands or boyfriends is to be our protectors. We give them all of our power in the relationship when we should be finding our very own strength. The strength we need to protect ourselves as women. Also the strength to protect our hearts from pain, failure, regret, disappointments, fears, or giving our hearts to the wrong person.

No comments:

Post a Comment